ACH Group has a range of choices to suit your unique situation.
Dealing with Dementia
A diagnosis of dementia brings with it many changes to the life you planned. It can mean reassessing your priorities and adjusting your lifestyle to manage any symptoms you are experiencing. Many people report that they can continue to enjoy life as they manage new challenges.
We are very aware of the effects of dementia and many of our support programs can assist you if you are dealing with dementia personally or with a family member. We provide advice on reducing the risk of dementia and how you can take steps to intervene at an early stage.
There is a lot you can do to remain as healthy, active and independent as possible. ACH Group provides a range of services to assist people to continue to live good lives:
- Flexible and individualised assistance to support people with dementia to continue the lifestyle of their choice either in their own home or in a residential care setting
- A range of social and recreational activities
- Planned regular respite for carers either in the community or in a residential care setting
- Information and support
- Advocacy on behalf of the person with dementia and their carers
- Support in the transition to ACH Group residential care and respite care services
Staying involved in physical, mental and social activity will keep you functioning at your best.
It is difficult for any of us to know what lies ahead. However, planning ahead gives you a say in your future and helps you to live positively with dementia.
For more information about dealing with dementia or to speak to someone about your situation, contact our team on (08) 8159 3477.