Good work - Good lives
ACH Group is dedicated to creating opportunities for older people to thrive. We believe growing older is akin to turning a new page and with it comes a sense of great anticipation and optimism.
ACH Group’s 1700 specialist staff and hundreds of volunteers share our belief that older people should be valued and respected, connected to their communities and in control of their lives. This mindset drives our every action to empower older people, to support them to lead a good life and continue to make a contribution to family, community and society.
Our employees enjoy rewarding career pathways and are supported by training and education, competitive salary options and a passionate, flexible work environment.
Our people are committed to continuous improvement and life-long learning. We are inspired by our peers and our leaders, and are proud of the roles we play in our communities. We take every opportunity to develop our careers in directions that support older people to live a good life. Our varied roles include:
- Direct care and well-being staff – care workers, lifestyle facilitators, registered and enrolled nurses, and our dementia and palliative care specialists
- Recovery and rehabilitation specialists – podiatrists, exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, allied health assistants, speech pathologists and occupational therapists
- Services coordinators - assessment teams, customer service consultants, and special program coordinators
- Corporate staff including IT, Finance, Marketing and HR
- Volunteers who give their time, conversation, work and life skills to our clients
- Quality, innovation and research careers
- Students who deliver programs and interventions as part of their own learning
Our continuous improvement and life-long learning philosophy means that we:
- support staff to complete qualifications and strive for different roles and responsibilities
- empower individuals to become champions in their area of interest or specialty
- have an international care worker exchange every two years.
Our people love what they do and are rewarded in ways that are both measurable and not measurable. Some of the measurable benefits are:
- Salary-sacrificing options
- Early intervention no-cost physiotherapy or counselling
- Subsidised well-being programs including flu vaccinations and health promotion
- Staff discounts for everyday products (e.g. cleaning products, tyres)
- Access to out-of-pocket expenses associated with hospitalisation
Some equally important benefits of being part of the ACH Group team include:
- Recognition as an Employee of the Month
- Annual Staff Awards
- Social Club outings and activities
- Flexible work options
- Opportunities to be active, to keep learning, to build strong social networks, to match our skills to work challenges to experience pride and satisfaction
We appreciate that a good work culture not only benefits us but also benefits our clients, their families, our volunteers and the broader community. Our good culture is a result of focus on all aspects of health, safety and well-being and is also underpinned by:
- A passion for what we do
- A focus on health and well-being
- Shared responsibility and teamwork
- Optimism and self-reliance
- Bringing our strengths to work.